In 1779 the farmhouse and restaurant “Hartlwirt” was mentioned for the first time, but it probably existed long before.
On october 16th
1888 the farmhouse was donated as part of a dowry for the wedding of Franz Riedl
(second son of Seekirchen's "Schachlbauern") and Elisabeth Kaltenegger (the beautiful "Kramer-Liesl" of Seeham).
Due to their flourishing horse trade, which also extended to Hungary, the restaurant and hotel developed.
The couple had ten children.
Their firstborn, Franz, and his wife Maria Flöckner, inherited the Hartlwirt in 1925 and became the largest
horse traders in the region of Salzburg.
In 1948 their only daughter Maria then became the new owner of both the farmhouse and the restaurant and
its 32 hectar of land after marrying Johann Feldinger.
On this fully mechanized farm Franz and Maria produced the famous milk "Feldingers Vorzugmilch".
In 1970 their firstborn, Lieselotte, married Adolf Huber from Mattsee.
Due to the unexpected death of her father in 1976, Lieselotte and Adolf took over the restaurant.
They completely renewed the building, transforming the stables into guest rooms and big halls for parties
One of this halls even became the venue for the rehearsal of the "Camerata Academica" of Salzburg's "Mozarteum".
With the new millennium, the ownership of the Hartlwirt goes to their older daughter Heidi.